Mr. Surinder Singh Marwah, the founder Chairman of Marwah Group is qualified in Aeronautics and has been into varied business projects for the last 25 years. He had been successfully organizing government lotteries in various states in India. The group later forayed into numerous sectors and has developed a significant presence in Construction, Financing, Investment, Exports and Imports, Entertainment, Education and Real Estates.
Recently, the group is deeply involved in developing its Real Estate vertical.
Mr. Marwah is a philanthropist who has been involved in many fund raising initiatives for various causes.
Achievements and Awards
- Organized welfare schemes for Border Security Force by way of lottery and collected Rs.5.00 crore for them. In recognition for his services, he was awarded Shield by Director General BSF on 27.03.1983.
- Deeply associated in organizing welfare schemes for Indian Navy by way of lottery, having first prize of Rs.2.20 crore with Rs.5 per ticket (highest prize at that time) and collected Rs.5.00 crore for them. In recognition for his services, he was awarded with a Shield by Admiral O.S.Dawson PVSM, AVSM on 18.02.1984.
- Also organized welfare scheme in aid of Indian Red Cross Society by way of lottery and collected more than Rs.2 crore for Red Cross Bhawan at Kohima (Nagaland).
- Awarded Udyog Rattan Award in 1984 by Late Giani Zial Singh, the then Hon'ble President of India.
- Honored with the Shiromani Award in 1986 by Late Giani Zial Singh, the then Hon'ble President of India.
- Received the Trade Promotion Award from The Institute of Economic Studies.
- Awarded with Sangam Kala Group Award in 1995 for promoting music in Delhi State.
- Designated as the Vice-President of Indian Red Cross Society, Nagaland State Branch by Sh R.Venkataraman, the then Hon'ble President of India.
- Active Rotarian, Paul Harries of Rotary Club of India.
- Active Life Member (Pandav Member) of ISCKON Religious Society.(Hare Rama Hare Krishna).
- Secretary General of World Brotherhood Organisation (Regd.), an international body for promotion of universal brotherhood.